The Lansing Regional SmartZone (LRSZ) is a cooperative effort with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) to stimulate the growth of technology-based businesses in the Lansing Region. This is a partnership between the City of East Lansing, City of Lansing, Ingham County, and Michigan State University.
The Lansing SmartZone provides the support services needed to build high tech companies and empower entrepreneurs to build successful technology business. The Lansing SmartZone is a dynamic organization of leaders from all backgrounds and business sectors. The LRSZ has locations in MSU University Corporate Research Park, Downtown East Lansing and Downtown Lansing.
Who - The Lansing Regional SmartZone focuses on attracting, creating and expanding businesses in the fields of life sciences, advanced manufacturing and information technology. The LRSZ gives special attention to help firms capitalize on research and technical resources at Michigan State University.
Why - The Lansing Regional SmartZone offers:
- Incubation, office, dry and wet lab space
- Network of business, professional and technical services
- Access to university resources, including technical research equipment and laboratories
- Linkages to sources of knowledge and expertise via the university and private industry resources
- Business development services and resources that are technical, managerial, financial, legal or intellectual in nature, specific to the emerging businesses’ needs
- Commercialization assistance
- Coaching and mentoring
Preparation for access and presentations to investors
Contact the SmartZone, Tony Willis, email@example.com.
View the LDFA TIF Development Plan here
The LDFA Board
Agendas & Minutes