LEAP provides economic development services for the City of Lansing on behalf of the Lansing Economic Development Corporation (LEDC). As part of these services, LEAP supports and manages the Michigan Avenue Corridor Improvement Authority (MACIA) of the City of Lansing.
About the MACIA
The Michigan Avenue Corridor Improvement Authority of the City of Lansing was created in 2009 with the goals to correct and prevent deterioration in the business district, redevelop the city’s commercial corridors and promote economic growth. The Development and Tax Increment Financing plans arrange projects into three categories: public infrastructure, current and prevent deterioration, and promote neighborhood aligned economic growth. In 2019, the development and tax increment finance plans were approved and will allow for the Authority to begin its first steps in executing the vision set forth by the corridor’s residents, businesses, and other stakeholders.
- The Under the Bridge project – crowdfunding campaign
- Several studies completed soliciting input from residents, property owners, stakeholders, municipal staff and public officials
Proposed 2020 MACIA Meeting Schedule (approved at the November 22, 2019 meeting):
Day and Time: All meetings take place on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Location (subject to change with notice)
Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP), LEAP Boardroom
1000 S Washington Avenue, Suite 201
Lansing, MI 48910
* Meeting to be held at Allen Neighborhood Center Conference Room, 1611 E. Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, MI 48912
- January 24, 2020 (Annual Meeting) *
- February 21, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- June 12, 2020
- September 18, 2020
- November 13, 2020
2019 Annual Board Activity
- Completed the Development and TIF Plan, which was approved on November 18th, 2019 by the Lansing City Council
- The MACIA hosted two Informational Meetings in 2019, per Act 57, for the purposes of sharing what is a CIA, their history, and future priorities
Meetings and Board Members
Agendas, Meeting Minutes, and Public Notices for the MACIA are on file with the City of Lansing and can be accessed via the City’s Agenda Center.