LEAP provides economic development services for the City of Lansing on behalf of the Lansing Economic Development Corporation (LEDC). As part of these services, LEAP supports and manages the Tax Increment Financing Authority (TIFA) of the City of Lansing.
About the TIFA
The Tax Increment Financing Authority (TIFA) of the City of Lansing was created to collect and administer tax capture within the entire downtown area. TIFA can also issue bonds. TIFA assists the City by promoting growth in a defined area. TIFA can borrow money, but projects are limited to improvements to public facilities. The Development Program of the TIFA is more thoroughly described in the Fifth Amended Development Plan.
- Lansing Convention/Exhibition Center and Associated Facilities
- Expansions of the Convention/Exhibition Center
- Acquisition and/or Leasing of a portion of the City’s Parking System
- Development of Consolidated Courts Facility
- Development of Facilities in the Downtown Entertainment Distric
Proposed 2020 TIFA Board Meeting Schedule (to be approved at the January Annual Board of Directors Meeting on January 10, 2020).
Day and Time: All meetings take place on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Location (subject to change with notice)
Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP), LEAP Boardroom
1000 S Washington Avenue, Suite 201
Lansing, MI 48910
- January 10, 2020 (Annual Meeting)
- February 7, 2020
- March 6, 2020 (TIFA Informational Meeting)
- April 3, 2020
- May 1, 2020 (Special location TBA)
- June 5, 2020
- July 10, 2020 (TIFA Informational Meeting)
- August 7, 2020
- September 11, 2020 (Special location TBA)
- October 2, 2020
- November 6, 2020
- December 4, 2020
Meetings and Board Members
Agendas, Meeting Minutes, and Public Notices for the TIFA are on file with the City of Lansing and can be accessed via the City’s Agenda Center.