Monday, March 18, 2019
The Lansing Center
Downtown, Lansing, MI
This event is open to middle and high school students attending school in Clinton, Eaton, Ingham or Shiawassee counties, Michigan.
Student registration is open through March 1, 2019.
Registration for teachers and other adults who are accompanying students to the Expo is open until March 11, 2019.
Schedule of Events
| 9:00 AM
|| Student Arrival
| 9:30 AM
|| Student Display & Present to Judges
| 11:30 AM
|| Student Lunch/Judges' Deliberation
| 12:30 PM
|| Awards Presentation
| 1:30 PM
- To be eligible for the Grand Champion prize category, you must submit a business plan with your registration.
- Business plans should be 2-pages (maximum) and include:
- Problem statement
- Purpose: What impact will this idea make in the Lansing region?
- Target market
- Marketing plan
- Financial Summary
- Competitor analysis
- Team / partners
- Next Steps
Additional Information for Participants
- Lunch will be served to registered students and chaperones.
- Students who are not registered for the Expo will not receive lunch.
- Each student/class/group is responsible for their own transportation to and from to the event.
Educators, students and parents can contact Siso Dhladhla at email@example.com with questions about the Youth Startup Expo.