LEAP provides economic development services for the City of Lansing on behalf of the Lansing Economic Development Corporation (LEDC). As part of these services, LEAP supports and manages the Corridor Improvement Authorities (CIA) of the City of Lansing.
About the SSCIA
The Saginaw Street Corridor Improvement Authority of the City of Lansing was created in 2009 with the goals to correct and prevent deterioration in the business district, redevelop the city’s commercial corridors and promote economic growth. The Authority followed several key principles that were used in the creation of the plan and are supported by the city’s master plan to transform the visually unappealing character of the corridor, to encourage pedestrians and to market the quality of the adjacent neighborhoods. In 2019, the Development and Tax Increment Financing plans were approved and will allow for the Authority to begin its first steps in executing the vision set forth by the corridor’s residents, businesses and other stakeholders.
Proposed 2020 SSCIA Meeting Schedule (approved at the December 12, 2019 meeting):
Day and Time: All regular meetings take place Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. All informational meetings take place on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
Location (subject to change with notice)
Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP), LEAP Boardroom
1000 S Washington Avenue, Suite 201
Lansing, MI 48910
- January 16, 2020 (Annual Meeting)
- February 20, 2020 (Informational Meeting)
- April 16, 2020
- June 18, 2020
- September 10, 2020 (Informational Meeting)
- November 19, 2020
2019 Annual Board Activity
- Completed the Development and TIF plans, which were approved on November 18th, 2019 by the Lansing City Council
- The SSCIA hosted two informational meetings in 2019, per Act 57, for the purposes of sharing what CIAs are, their history and future priorities