The City of Lansing Façade Improvement Program provides targeted assistance for improving the appearance and structural conditions of building façades in highly visible and critical areas of the City.
- Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until all funds have been committed.
- Project Completion and Reimbursement Submission Deadline: May 31st, 2021
Eligibility and Requirements
- The program is directed at commercial, office and mixed-use buildings adjacent to main corridors and neighborhood nodes within the City of Lansing.
- Property owners and tenants are eligible to apply, but if a tenant applies the building owner must support the improvements in writing.
- Eligible activities are for a building façade only but may include windows, signage, lighting, and improvements to create barrier free and accessible entryways as part of the overall façade improvement.
- No activity will be eligible that is separate from an overall façade. For instance, landscaping/ streetscaping and light poles are not eligible.
- All improvements must be fixed/permanent.
- Previous façade improvements and unapproved work will not be funded.
- Applicants must match at least 50% of requested grant funds.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The Façade Improvement Program offers three types of flexible grant awards. Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.