A LEAP-Funded Grant Program for Lansing Entrepreneurs
Jumpstart is a quarterly LEAP-funded program to help entrepreneurs meet a significant milestone in the growth of their businesses.
Entrepreneurs are eligible for grants of up to $2,500. Funds can have a variety of uses, including legal and marketing services.
We look for entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence in all they do, have skin in the game and the ambition to grow aggressively. We focus on funding diverse entrepreneurs to build a stronger community.
We serve new and seasoned entrepreneurs within the greater Lansing region of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties.
- Participation in a previous program: The applicant must have participated in a LEAP or a partner program or have completed at least one service (can include consultation) with the Michigan Small Business Development Center.
- Business Plan: The applicant must have a business plan (can be a one-pager) or a marketing plan.
- Strong leadership: The applicant’s business must have dedicated leadership that is passionate, curious, coachable, collaborative and motivated. A team of more than one is recommended.
- Clear business need and outcome: The applicant must have financial principles that govern all incoming and outgoing spending. They should be able to demonstrate their working theory for how the company will make money.
- Location: The applicant business must be in the greater Lansing region of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties.
How to Apply
If this is the first time you are applying for the Jumpstart grant, the process begins by filling out the online application, including business plan submission. This application begins the process to allow us to learn more about your business/idea and determine how best to help you.
If you don’t have a current business plan, please reach out to the Michigan Small Business Development Center for assistance.
If you have already filled out the online application, please feel free to contact the individual directly with whom you previously engaged at LEAP.
We will reach out to shortlisted applicants with next steps after the initial application review.