What is the LevelUp Program?
LevelUp is a micro-business organizational support program designed exclusively to help BIPOC businesses. Working with a business consultant from Best Practice Consulting Services, we help your business:
- Convert from a DBA to LLC (if not established)
- Create a functional operating agreement and a starting balance sheet
- Make chain of custody documents to support hard assets and capital infusion
- Set up an accounting system following GAAP (general accepted accounting principles)
- Establish a business banking relationship through LEAP financial partners
Applications close May 30, 2023!
Who Can Apply?
LevelUp is for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs in the Lansing region— including Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties.
Businesses who apply must be:
- Beyond the idea phase— meaning your business is operational and has garnered revenue while operating.
- Operating as a DBA (Doing Business As) qualify
- Have the majority of the business (over 51%) owned by a BIPOC entrepreneur.
LevelUp is a program that is custom tailored to each participant, because of this the program moves at the pace that consultants are provided information and can meet. Expect a minimum three week engagement sometime between June and November.