Small businesses and nonprofits must meet all of the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- Have a physical location (including home-based) in Ingham County that generates revenue and employment (including self-employment /sole proprietors).
- Have fewer than 100 workers on payroll (including full-time, part-time and owner-employees) working from the specific business location tied to grant application as of June 28, 2021.
- Have fewer than 250 workers across all locations worldwide.
- At least 50% of worldwide workforce for business must be employed in Michigan.
- Have been directly and negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic crisis, including revenue loss.
- Can demonstrate a need for working capital to support payroll, rent, mortgage payments, utility bills or other similar expenses currently and/or into the future to recover, sustain or grow operations.
- Remained in compliance with all state and local governmental and public health orders related to COVID-19 since March 2020.
- Is not involved in the growing, manufacturing, distribution or sale of cannabis products.
- Is not a franchise location, unless locally owned.