Live in Lansing, Michigan
America’s Best Big Small City
Modern workers are increasingly stressed by long commute times and a lack of affordability on all levels. They want a more balanced work-life relationship and the financial flexibility to live, work, play and explore their community.
Lansing, Michigan offers diversity and inclusion in the form of a global community, affordable living and recreation, more time and less commute, a little more space to play, faster decisions with quicker results and more—all factors driving career and location decisions across age groups. Values are shifting, especially among our youngest workers, along with traditionally-expected wage and career ambitions.
More and more, talent is seeking the work that is most meaningful to them over the work that pays the best and is seeking it in communities that balance big-city amenities with small-city charm and personality. Communities like Lansing, Michigan.
A growing community with high-tech businesses and opportunities, a world renowned university, a state capital, immersive and vast creative outlets and sophisticated arts and culture, robust entrepreneurialism, unique and fun nightlife and incredible outdoor recreation and natural areas.
This is the Lansing region. The place for people. The future of business.
Location is Everything
- Centrally located, Lansing is one hour from Detroit, Grand Rapids and 90% of Michigan’s population
- Our population boasts half a million people regionally across Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties
- We offer affordable housing of every kind, including some of the most accessible home-ownership opportunities for young people
- Incredible schools from elementary to post-secondary prepare our next generation of talent
- Our three counties have it all: big downtowns, suburbs, small hometowns and rural living. Take your pick!
- The cross-regional commute of 20 minutes or less will save you 15 days per year
Diverse, Stable Climate and Outdoor Recreation
- Numerous Riverfronts, river trails and parks
- Vast, fertile farmland
- Plus, no earthquakes or hurricanes!
Big-City Arts, Culture and Recreation
- The very best in performing arts at Michigan State University’s Wharton Center for Performing Arts — one of two university performing arts centers nationwide large enough to host first-run Broadway shows
- Nationally leading college sports and events at Michigan State University
- Professional sports teams
Proactive Support for Business and Entrepreneurship
- Consistent population growth
- Reasonable wage growth
- Fortune 500 headquarters
- Sustained growth of high-tech companies
- An active and robust entrepreneurial ecosystem
But don’t just take our word for it. Explore more highlights of our region below — we bet some might shock you!