Creating an equitable and inclusive environment that supports and promotes a prosperous vibrant region where businesses can thrive is central to our mission. To support this mission, the LEAP Board of Directors, our staff and volunteers are committed to recognizing, enhancing and promoting diversity in all forms.
In order to do this, we will:
- Certify that all organizational leadership, staff and volunteers embrace the values of mutual respect and dignity for all persons when looking at our internal practices and policies with relation to governance, volunteer service and employment, ensuring equality of opportunity that is free from unfair discrimination and harassment
- Ensure open, responsive and respectful communication with staff, members, volunteers and any/all regional stakeholders
- Create a strong collaboration and partnership with the community in any interactions regarding issues of diversity and equity, ensuring that we are reflective and responsive to the needs of the diverse region we serve
- Continually monitor and evaluate our internal and external activities to ensure we are providing an environment that welcomes equality and diversity in all its forms, allowing us to set an example of best practices to create a culture of shared values and cross-cultural understanding
- Understand that in order for the Lansing region to remain competitive on a global scale and to attract and retain the brightest and best talent, it is essential that we bring together individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
We are also committed to expanding diversity and inclusiveness across the region, embracing the rich socioeconomic, physical, cultural, racial and ethnic differences that make Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties unique. Together, we are stronger.