Who We Are
LEAP is the economic development organization proudly representing the tri-county region of Clinton, Eaton and Ingham counties in partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation. We are a private-public partnership governed by a board of directors including business and municipal leaders from across the tri-county region.
We have an exceptional and diverse team of talented economic developers with deep experience in all things related to economic development.
What We Do
LEAP builds a stronger community for all, working every day to grow, retain and attract business to #LoveLansing. We are committed to relentless advocacy on behalf of our entire region, and we demonstrate the highest ethical conduct and transparency in our work.
We embrace inclusion, equity and diversity; and we believe that partnerships are the foundation of our success — hence our motto, Stronger Together.
Our success is influenced by well-defined, measurable results and by our passion for creativity and innovation — we recognize that talent at LEAP is our #1 organizational asset. With these standards in mind, we persuade and persevere in all that we do, to make the Lansing region the best destination for global talent and investment — their home by choice.
Our work is focused on four key areas of economic development:
- Attracting new business, jobs, investment and people from outside the region
- Expanding and retaining existing businesses in the region
- Supporting entrepreneurs and startups
- Create and support equitable economic development programs to unlock the full potential of our local economy
- Creating and marketing the Lansing region as a top choice community