Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Response
Due to the global uncertainty surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), LEAP is taking the following proactive measures in an effort to mitigate the effects of COVID-19 on the health of both our community and economy.
These measures are effective immediately and will be in place for as long as is necessary. However, we recognize the evolving situation may require us to make ongoing adjustments.
Our Current Business Operations
- LEAP staff will be working remotely until the state of Michigan determines is it safe to return to office workplaces and we are prepared to enact the appropriate safety measures for both staff and visitors.
- Non-essential travel outside Clinton, Eaton or Ingham county suspended.
- LEAP staff will not participate in any in-person event or any public meeting.
Economic Re-opening Resources
Protect Yourself and Others
(adapted from the State of Michigan)
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water. If handwashing is not an option, use hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Follow best practices for handwashing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid handshakes.
- Avoid contact with people sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, keyboards, cell phones and light switches.
- Consider alternative shopping options such as curbside pickups or online deliveries.
- Access services as much as possible online or by phone.
- Work remotely when possible.